With the festivities just around the corner, get your home festive ready with the thorough cleaning, cushions in silk, Chanderi or Zari embroidered fabrics, fresh flowers, and scented candles.
- Use traditional hand-crafted fabrics & prints. Silks, Chanderi, fabrics with batik or block prints and zari embroidery are all the rage. You can also add some traditional carpets.
- Use copper and brass crockery when guests come calling.
- Add mirrors with embellished or copper- toned frames to add a little bling to your interiors
- Instead of painting the whole house, use one prominent wall and paint it with a pretty motif or adorn it with a decal or wall hanging to add to the festive spirit.
- Good lighting can easily set the right mood. Light up your home in layers with some ornate lighting fixtures and lamps.
- Highlight a wall by painting it in earthy warm hues like solar yellow, rustic red and emerald green.
- Fresh flowers and scented candles are ideal for those who like an understated look.
- Ensure your towels, napkins, table runner and doormats are in the same vibrant shade to keep symmetry going.
- Bring out the prized center-pieces for your coffee table and dining table. (source: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com)